Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 September 2016

My speech

What do you think of when I ask you - Where is your place in the world? For me it’s my Nana’s house. We all have Nanas right? Well, my Nana’s house is the best! And these are my reasons why.

I love my Nana’s  house. The smell of freshly baked bread fills the air, I get to play the Xbox for hours until the cooking is finished and when I get bored I play with my baby cousin until we are both rolling around on the floor laughing our heads off!

My Nana is so kind and nice to me. She is a strong Tongan woman who I look up to and she is an awesome baker! She loves to babysit and she always has her home so clean and tidy. One day I would like to have a home as beautiful as hers.

My Nana loves to take us out to the park and the local swimming pool. I play with my cousins and we all have so much fun together. I love my Nana and my cousins so much and I love seeing them every weekend.

My Nana gives me pocket money to spend at the Mall. I love to go to the clothing stores to buy me some new clothes, with any money left over I get to buy me some yummy lollies.

My nana likes to read. She would read for hours, sometimes she would read some of the books she has to me and I would drift off into another world. When we are tired of reading we watch tv. Our favourite programmes are Home and Away and Shortland Street! We all like to play Candy Crush on her laptop, she is really good at it!

It is not fun when my baby
cousin wakes up crying, she
wakes me up too, but my Nana
is always there to help us all
get back to sleep.

The love I have for my family
is strong and I will never trade
it in for anything! When I grow
up I would like to be just like my
Nana, helping others and making
everyone feel loved. When I
first started this speech I thought
my place in the world was at my
Nana’s house, I know now that
my place in the world is my Nana.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily

    Great work on your speech I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice speech emily good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily, I think that your speech is amazing, an I love the way you look up to your Nana!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.